Molokai Island Energy Project will be a solar field and a companion battery storage system, located on vacant industrial land adjacent to the MECo power plant. The project has been designed to be safe, quiet, and low rise, a good neighbor for residents of central Molokai.
Battery Storage System
- Provided and warranted by major global corporations
- Long track record for safety and reliabilty
- Lithium ion technology to provide a wide range of grid support services
- State of the art panels
- Industry-leading efficiency, longevity, ruggedness
- Sized to serve 41% of annual electricity use on Molokai